Graduate Civil Design EngineerREF: Grad CDE
Based in our Cumbernauld office working within a multi-disciplinary design team, Ross-shire Engineering has an immediate requirement for a graduate civil design engineer preferably with a year or more experience (or equivalent) within the water industry.
Under supervision the candidate should be able to:-
- Undertake the development of all civil aspects of project designs;
- Liaise with internal clients and suppliers incorporating their requirements and proposals;
- Partake in multidisciplinary design reviews;
- Assist with planning, estimating and tendering activities;
- Improve value management of civil design proposals;
- Co-ordinate with site and respond to engineering queries;
- Bring an innovative and enthusiastic approach to design development..
Although supervision will be provided to guide and mentor, the successful candidate will be expected to have:-
- Good communication and IT skills
- Motivation to further their learning both within the office environment and in their own time;
- A good understanding of the basic principles of design for water retaining structures, structural steelwork and highways paving;
- An appreciation of project design development activities including multi-disciplinary interface reviews, ensuring compliance with Client specifications, current regulatory standards and key milestone dates;
- Knowledge of the Construction (Design) Regulations 2017;
- A grasp of project design checking, validation and approval procedures including any Client technical governance requirements;
- An awareness of the importance of the production of briefs, risk assessments and method statements for site investigation work;
The suitable candidate will be degree/HND/HNC qualified (or equivalent) in an appropriate Civil Engineering course.
- Location: Cumbernauld
- Salary: TBC
- Duration: Full Time
- Closing Date:
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter in Word format to email@example.com quoting Grad CDE .