Based in our Cumbernauld office working within a multi-disciplinary design team, Ross-shire Engineering has an immediate requirement for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive experience within the water industry.
It is expected that that the candidate will be able to fulfill the role of Design Lead taking on the following responsibilities:-
The Design Lead will:-
• co-ordinate all project multi-disciplinary design development activities, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards;
• prepare and monitor design programme;
• manage the project design development such that key programme dates are met and quality, environmental, health and safety matters are addressed in accordance with RSE procedures;
• be responsible for developing project design deliverables, the initiation of procurement of any goods or services as necessary to allow the design to progress, preparing scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents, as required;
• ensure that project design checking, validation and approval procedures are followed including any Client technical governance requirements;
• monitor design budget and provide monthly forecasts for time to complete;
• oversee compilation and maintenance of project registers including Document and Review Record, TQs, Changes and Risk;
• manage production of briefs, risk assessments and method statements for site investigation work;
• report to the Head of Discipline and Senior Technical Manager on project design progress;
• liaise with Project Manager to address issues arising that might impact on the project scope or programme;
• support development of timeous responses to technical queries during the project construction stage.
The suitable candidate will be degree/HND/HNC qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and will have a proven track record as a Senior Mechanical Engineer and Design Lead in both a design office and in construction.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter in Word format to email@example.com, quoting SME Cumbernauld.
RSE Director Jamie MacGregor welcoming Alan Ogg, Assistant Director, Learning & Teaching, Dept Head, Engineering Technology & The Built Environment, and Liam Sutherland Course Tutor with first year welding and fabrication students from North Highland College Thurso on a site visit to Ross-shire Engineering.
Friday 30th March 2018
Tuesday 16th January 2018