Based in our Cumbernauld office working within a multi-disciplinary design team, Ross-shire Engineering has an immediate requirement for a Civil Design Engineer with suitable experience preferably within the water industry. It is essential that the candidate will be able to:-
• Undertake the development of all civil aspects of project designs;
• Liaise with clients and suppliers incorporating their requirements and proposals;
• Partake in multidisciplinary design reviews;
• Assist with planning, estimating and tendering activities;
• Improve value management of civil design proposals;
• Co-ordinate with site and respond to engineering queries.
It is desirable that the suitable candidate should be able to act as Design Lead for projects with the following key responsibilities:-
• Undertake civil engineering design development activities;
• Co-ordinate all project design development activities including multi-disciplinary interface reviews, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards;
• Manage the project design development such that key programme dates are met and quality, environmental, health and safety matters are addressed;
• Be responsible for developing project design deliverables, the initiation of procurement of any goods or services as necessary to allow the design to progress, preparing scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents, as required;
• Ensure that project design checking, validation and approval procedures are followed including any Client technical governance requirements;
• Compile and maintain the project registers including Document and Review Record, TQs, Changes and Risk;
• Manage production of briefs, risk assessments and method statements for site investigation work;
• Report to the Head of Discipline on project design progress;
• Liaise with Head of Discipline, Senior Technical Manager and Project Manager when addressing issues arising that might impact on the project scope or programme;
• Respond to engineering queries raised during the project construction stage.
The suitable candidate will be degree/HND/HNC qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent and will have a proven track record as a Civil Engineer preferably in both a design office and in construction.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting CDE Cumbernauld.
On the 6th June a team from RSE will be tackling the Meikle Bin walk as part of the Tartan Trail 2018 to support WaterAid Scotland. 783 million people in the world are without safe drinking water and 2.5 billion people do not have access to adequate sanitation. Please click...
Friday 1st June 2018
RSE recently signed up to a supplier incentive scheme and the first prize we were given was an Apple Watch. All employee numbers were put into a draw and the winner picked - employee Jack Wilcox. Thanks to Rexel UK Ltd for supplying the prize. Allan Dallas MD, pictured with...
Tuesday 29th May 2018