Based in our Cumbernauld office working within a multi-disciplinary design team, Ross-shire Engineering has an immediate requirement for a Civil Design Engineer with suitable experience preferably within the water industry. It is essential that the candidate will be able to:-
• Undertake the development of all civil aspects of project designs;
• Liaise with clients and suppliers incorporating their requirements and proposals;
• Partake in multidisciplinary design reviews;
• Assist with planning, estimating and tendering activities;
• Improve value management of civil design proposals;
• Co-ordinate with site and respond to engineering queries.
It is desirable that the suitable candidate should be able to act as Design Lead for projects with the following key responsibilities:-
• Undertake civil engineering design development activities;
• Co-ordinate all project design development activities including multi-disciplinary interface reviews, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards;
• Manage the project design development such that key programme dates are met and quality, environmental, health and safety matters are addressed;
• Be responsible for developing project design deliverables, the initiation of procurement of any goods or services as necessary to allow the design to progress, preparing scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents, as required;
• Ensure that project design checking, validation and approval procedures are followed including any Client technical governance requirements;
• Compile and maintain the project registers including Document and Review Record, TQs, Changes and Risk;
• Manage production of briefs, risk assessments and method statements for site investigation work;
• Report to the Head of Discipline on project design progress;
• Liaise with Head of Discipline, Senior Technical Manager and Project Manager when addressing issues arising that might impact on the project scope or programme;
• Respond to engineering queries raised during the project construction stage.
The suitable candidate will be degree/HND/HNC qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent and will have a proven track record as a Civil Engineer preferably in both a design office and in construction.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter in Word format to email@example.com, quoting CDE Cumbernauld.
RSE Director Jamie MacGregor welcoming Alan Ogg, Assistant Director, Learning & Teaching, Dept Head, Engineering Technology & The Built Environment, and Liam Sutherland Course Tutor with first year welding and fabrication students from North Highland College Thurso on a site visit to Ross-shire Engineering.
Friday 30th March 2018
Tuesday 16th January 2018